She is featured in our September ad!
Years at SWIMkids USA/DTAC: 4
Current Level: Desert Thunder Aquatic Club 8 & Under Elite
Best Stroke According to Her Coach: Butterfly
Greatest Accomplishments This Year:
- Making the team at age 6
- Completing the 100 Individual Medley (IM) without disqualifying on first try
Current DTAC Records:
- 50 & 100 8 & Under Girls Freestyle
- 50 8 & Under Girls Backstroke
- 50 8 & Under Girls Breaststroke
- 25 6 & Under Girls Backstroke
- 25 6 & Under Girls Breaststroke
- 25 6 & Under Girls Butterfly
- 100 8 & Under Girls IM
Factors in Her Success:
- Regular meet and practice attendance
- True passion for the water
Quote from Coach Justin: Koryne is an awesome swimmer! Her passion for the sport is what makes her such a great athlete. In practice she is calm and collected, and listens to directions so she completes the workout properly. Then when she goes to meets, she turns on her “beast mode,” and her fierce competitiveness comes out!
Quote from Her Parents: Koryne constantly pushes herself to do better, besides attending regular practices and meets, she takes it upon herself to practice at home almost daily. Her determination and love for the sport of swimming at such a young age is exceptional.